Sunday 19 May 2013

Wal players discuss their basses - Martin Sims (Sims LEDs)

Martin Sims – Sims LEDs


I started working for Pete back in 1995. Pete was one of the first manufacturers to use our LED fitting service as others were not happy sending us part made instruments and did not know our system well enough to trust that we could do a good job. However, Pete could see that our system worked and was happy with the our workmanship. Whenever customers asked him how we did it rather than give away any trade secrets he always said we had highly trained woodworm!

Since then we’ve installed countless numbers of Wals with our LED system and I’ve always held the Wal bass in the highest esteem. I have had two Wal basses to use in the past. One four string – the
first Mark III four string ever made – and one 5 string. Both were fitted with LEDs which I sold on to customers of mine; with regret!

I believe Wals are top drawer basses and offer something that no other bass has. This can also be said for other basses but when it comes to kudos, Wal has it is spades. Both Ian and Pete made the best basses they could without compromise and this always left an impression on me; that you should always stick to your guns with what you believe, some people will get it and some will not. I got it and this article is evidence enough that I'm not alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment